My name is Frank Powell Pierce, and I serve as an Associate Judge for the 2nd Administrative Judicial Region of Texas. I am proud to serve the residents of Harris County.
With over thirty (30) years of experience in the legal profession, I have learned (through my long-term experience in the judiciary) how to meet and exceed challenging expectations from both litigants and lawyers by providing fair and impartial rulings.
I have assisted other jurists and presided over many cases throughout my career. I understand (from experience) that acquiring and maintaining integrity as well as character is of the utmost importance.
I am inspired by the words of Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes: I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand … as in what direction we are moving … to reach the port of heaven … we must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it … but we must sail … and not drift … nor lie at anchor.
For more information, please take review my background, experience and qualifications by clicking on the tabs below.
- 11 Years Judicial Experience
- 30 Years in Legal Profession
- Former State Judge
- Former Assistant Attorney General
- Former Assistant City Attorney
- Private Law Practice
- Staff Attorney Bexar County Legal Aid Association
- Former City Council Member
- Adjunct Law Professor: South Texas College of Law
- Former Board Member: Houston Drug & Alcohol Council Harris County
- Former Harris County Juvenile Probation Department Advisory Board Member
- National Fatherhood Council
- Founded the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Foundation in San Antonio, Texas (raised scholorship money for deserving students in memory of the slain civil rights leader)
- Member - Republican Leadership Council
- Licensed in Federal Courts
- United States Supreme Court
- Federal Southern District of Texas
- Federal Western District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Who's Who in American Law
- Who's Who in America
- Father of the Year
- Department of Labor Urban Institute Award for Non-Custodial Parent Job Referral Project
- BS - University of Houston
- JD - Thurgood Marshall School of Law